2012年6月5日火曜日

How to: Diag Mode and QPST to change PRL

Let me start by saying I'm not a dev so don't expect a whole lot from me. I do know some things though and will answer any questions I can.

So here goes. First off I plugged my phone in regularly without debugging on and let it install all the drivers by clicking on each mode on the phone. Then I turned it debugging on and let the rest install. Now for whats important.

Plug usb into computer.
Power down the phone.
Hold volume down and power to get into the bootloader menu. 
Press volume down until you see BP Tools.
Press volume up.
New drivers should install.
One of them says something about diagnostics and will give a port#. Mine was com 18.
The phone should then boot up.
Open QPST and you should see the port it showed during drive installation.
If it does but says no phone just boot back into BP Tools and the phone will show. Proceed as you normally would with QPST.

You will need your MSL to do anything with QPST. The best way to get it is to call Sprint and ask. I'm working on other methods but that's the only way with this phone for now. 

For info about QPST and downloads Google is your friend. There are plenty of tutorials and the software is free.
Also Google 000001 prl. It's worked wonders on all my Sprint phones. This should also allow CDMA workshop to work but you'll need your MSL for that also as myself and a few others have been unsuccessful getting it with CDMA workshop.

Update:
Forgot to add make sure you have QPST build 366 or above or it won't work right.

Here is the link for QPST build 366
http://conflipper.com/Software/QPST_2.7_366.rar

Update:
Here is instructions to flash a prl with qpst. This tutorial is for the 3D but steps 11 on apply to our phones also. 
I take no credit for this part, just sharing the info.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1145111 

I also think I found a simpler way to get into diag mode but I can't confirm until my computer find it's way back home.

Sent from my MoPho using Tapatalk

 
 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿