2012年6月5日火曜日

Qualcomm tools

AMMS = Advanced Mobile Subscriber Software (Qualcomm by)


Qualcomm is a U.S. company founded in 1985 to produce chipsets for wireless technology CDMA and W-CDMA. Also responsible for the Eudora email client.
Among its main products, there Brew platform for creating applications for mobile devices.
It is one of the leading suppliers of processors for smartphones.

As we all know, our phone has AMSS, which is a driver software provided by Qualcomm, and telecommunications technology company.
As I researched, the AMSS functions as driver for this phone can connect to GSM, UMTS, among other things ...

There are tools, developed by Qualcomm, to enter the phone memory and calibrate the chipset, and my first thought when I heard this was in Latin Bada 1.2/2.0 + 3G.

I was hanging around in A and Developers Samsung universe and more or less able to operate the phone, and from what I saw, it is likely that the cell can be calibrated to use the bands that we need, but require a more advanced.

Below I leave a mini instructions on how to configure the phone and install the software if they want to investigate yourself. I believe that here comes the hand so that we can edit the file AMSS.bin and to use any firmware!

Clarified that are complicated and use tools that can write data on the phone, so, chances are corrupt memory to leave the cell unusable, everyone assumes their own responsibility to manipulate this program.

You need the following software is easy googling of last I can send PM's
- Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM driver
- Qualcomm QPST 2.7 Tools
- PSAS 1.5
Does not work on 64bit versions.

You must first change the USB connection mode of the Wave, for that we must enter the code * # 197328640 #
Then choose the following options
[8] Common> [7] SERVICE Configuration> [2] DIAG SERVICE Config> [2] USB DM / CP
Remember that the default connection mode is "[3] UART / AP" just want the connection back to normal.

Now that the cell is ready, connects to the PC and proceed to the installation of drivers, which by default is going to install one called "Samsung HS-9002 USB Diagnostics" which should be replaced by another driver.

-Open the Device Manager
-Where it says Ports Com & LPT search "Samsung HS-USB Diagnostics 9002" and the properties ponele "update driver" and select "Have Disk" to select it manually.
-In the package of "Qualcomm drivers" who have downloaded the driver select "msmdm.inf" (You have to remove the option "Show compatible hardware"), and the device list select "Qualcomm Diagnostics Interface 3197".
The end must be as follows:



Well, it already has configured the cellular to enter the internal configuration to do is to install elQPST Tools 2.7 and configure the COM port.

Start from the Start menu the "QPST Configuration", go to the tab "Ports" to add port go to "Add new port ..." and select the port "COMxx - USB / QC Diagnostic", then press ОК, should appear in the list, but the important thing, in the "Phone" must appear "QSC6270/QSC6240 (DEAD00D)", this means that the phone was recognized correctly and is ready for manipulation. If not, then you did something wrong ...

The tool I used to see some of the parameters was the "RF NV Item Manager". This program can read the phone's configuration parameters, you can also delete, edit and add new parameters ... but as I said before, is risky and if they know they are doing, I recommend not meddle.

When you open the "RF NV Item Manager" press the first button "Read from phone RF NV Items" and will start charging a nice list (as pictured below)
Pulling error, look at the top menu "Settings> ComPort" and select the port cell. (To know what, go to Device Manager under "Ports Com & LPT" and read from that port is "Qualcomm Diagnostics Interface 3197 (COMXX))



This list shows the NV Items, each one is configured with hexadecimal values, which can modify, delete, add, etc. .. as I said before.
You can also export to a. QCN which when opened can also be exported to TXT.
I warn you that among all these items, is the information of IMEI, so I recommend that no protection of their SETTINGS throughout the internet. The IMEI is in the NV Item 550 [NV_UE_IMEI_I].

My research was based on export a list of items in. QCN
First exported from my cellular with a 3G Firmware 1.0.2 with Latin America.
After the cell flashie a European Firm with Bada 1.2 (not 3g obviously) and went back to export another list. QCN

Comparing both configurations found 40 differences between the two configurations
The Latin American firm contains items that the European NO, such as:
said:
NV item: 3974 [NV_WCDMA_800_TX_PDM_LIN_1_I]
NV item: 3975 [NV_WCDMA_800_TX_PDM_LIN_2_I]
NV item: 3976 [NV_WCDMA_800_TX_PDM_LIN_3_I]
NV item: 3978 [NV_WCDMA_1900_TX_PDM_LIN_1_I]
NV item: 3979 [NV_WCDMA_1900_TX_PDM_LIN_2_I]
NV item: 3980 [NV_WCDMA_1900_TX_PDM_LIN_3_I]


Yes sir! UMTS bands are for Latin America as expected ... (UMTS or 3G WCDMA means)

And in the European Firm are other items that are not in Latin, as:
said:
NV item: 3984 [NV_WCDMA_900_TX_PDM_LIN_3_I], index 0
NV item: 5055 [NV_WCDMA_900_TX_LIN_MASTER_0_ENH_I], index 0
NV item: 5059 [NV_WCDMA_2100_TX_LIN_MASTER_0_ENH_I], index 0
NV item: 5061 [NV_WCDMA_900_TX_PDM_LIN_0_ENH_I], index 0


As expected, in this case refers to the European bands ...

With eggs in my throat ADD encourage the items found in firmware settings AMERICAN in my cell, which currently has no 3G bada 1.2, and thus prove that happens.

This can be done by generating a customized list of "NV items". To do this they must enter the "RV NV item manager" and press the button "Read form QCN file" and select the file (I had an export in. Qcn bada 1.0). Then in the menu "Option" select "Customized NV item list" and removed items that were already in the European firmware and let those of Latin America. Then press the button "Write listed items to the phone. (Override the Existing ones)"
This phone only write in the items I selected, but if any item that was already on the phone, it replaces the list.

After adding these parameters and restart the phone, still no 3G, no change I noticed in the cell may have to enable SETTING some more, so that bada 1.2 hablitado already understand that to use the local UMTS bands, but good is a matter of investigate ..

Then I installed the program PSAS 1.5, this tool also can read and edit the phone NV items, you can even see other items not marked with the "RF NV Manager items," such as item 2757 which is the product code, which can be changed also.

What I did was:
PSAS Open and go to "Hardware Forensics" -> "Use Mobile Ports" -> choose "Serial Com Port COMXX - Qualcomm Diagnostics Interface 3197 (COMXX)" In the same window go to "DIAG" and in " Diag Functions "drop down list and choose" Display NVitems ". Where it says start I wrote the item number that you "add" to the European firmware, such as 3980 and then you click on "Let's Go"
And below, the outcome QUAD going to say "Inactive item" ... mmmmm
P.D. I just do not probe the results conexsiones
 
 
 

1 件のコメント: